Yes, you’re right, this site is about roofing supplements.
You came to this site to learn about our roofing supplement services and to (hopefully) request those services. While you’re here, we’d like to help you with additional relevant information that will benefit your business.
That’s why our blog page includes topics like this one. We want you to be found by new customers, to see your business increase, to install lots of roofs, and to come back to us for more roofing supplements.
How Do New Customers Find You?
Here’s how most roofers get found by customers who need roofing services:
- Word of mouth: “You guys installed my neighbor’s roof. Can you give me a quote?”
- Google search #1: “I found you on Google and I read your reviews.”
- Google search #2: “I found you on Google and I visited your website.”
- Social media: “I saw your ad on Facebook.”
- Directory site search: “I looked for a roofer on Yelp and the Yellow Pages.”
Be Aware: Audit Your Online Presence
How would you rate your online presence? When we say, “online presence,” we mean your website, your social media channels (like Facebook), and whether or not you’re registered on any directory sites (like Yelp or YellowPages.com).
Most roofers have at least a simple website, a Facebook page, and a Google business profile. You should, too. In this digital age, those three platforms are the bare necessities.
Beef Up Your Presence to Widen Your Net
Here’s what we recommend to get found by more customers.
- Set up a Google My Business (GMB) page—it’s free—and ask customers to leave you reviews. This link to Google Support shows you how to set up a GMB page.
- Make sure you’ve got a decent-looking website that’s more than barebones when it comes to content and images. More on that in the section below with a solution.
- Publish posts 2-4 times per month on Facebook. More posts are better. Ideally, you’d post 2-4 times per week. More on that below with a solution.
- Register on as many free directory sites as you can. com and Yelp.com are two examples of directory sites. You can register your business for free. They’ll try to upsell you on extras, but you don’t have to bite.
About Your Website
Remember, anyone who’s looking for a roofer and cruising through a bunch of websites will be comparing your site to your competitors.’ Your site doesn’t have to be super fancy. It just must look good and have enough content on it to assure customers that you’re professional and can provide the services they need.
We recommend that your site has a home page, services page, about us page, blog page, and contact page. Why a blog page? So that fresh content is being added to your site regularly. Google crawlers will take note and organically boost your website’s visibility.
Need a new site? We can help. It’s a service we offer. Click here for more information. Need affordable blogs written for you? We can do that for you too. Click here for details.
About Your Social Media
You should be on Instagram and Facebook. In general, people aged 30 and younger are on Instagram. People older than 30 tend to be on Facebook. Publish the same posts on both platforms to reach everyone.
Can’t stand the tedium of creating social media posts? We can help. We’ll create posts for you, and all you have to do is publish them to your channels. Click here for more information.
Don’t Stick Your Head in the Sand
You may not like it, but to get found by new customers, your business needs to have an active online presence. Use our suggestions and up your game!